Saturday, December 31, 2011

UFO Catchers: FURYU FOR YOU

Alrighty kitties, here’s the deal: Since starting this blog, I have been trying for the life of me to figure out how to and what to focus this blog on. I have no attention span for many things, but a few things. And...you all (those who have actually visited) seen my obsession with nemunekos. And from that will branch something new.

So I shall start the official blog subject---> In the Sky: UFO CATCHERS

As you have possibly seen, the title has changed.

And here is the first segment: FURYU FOR YOU.

**ATTENTION: This blog is not professionally affiliated with the Furyu Corporation, San-X or any other company. Everything seen on this blog has to do with a sick girl’s obsession with adorable products. I do not claim that these products are mine (unless of course I actually bought them), that I made these products, or that I created the ideas for these products. Everything belongs to FURYU CORP, SAN-X or other companies that I give credit to. If anyone tries to sue me for showing my love and fandom over products made by this company, I will be very sad.

Legal spiel aside, for the next couple of months (or depending on my attention span, maybe a year) this blog will show off the new products that Furyu releases. Furyu Corporation is a company that creates the toys that the Japanese population views in their crane machines. These crane machines are certainly much different than the ones I grew up knowing, with two prong claws instead of four and -supposedly- are easier to win prizes from than American versions. I personally like that. Japanese crane machines make it so you can actually win. They don’t completely stuff the prizes in the bottom so they are impossible to get and you have to pay a left leg just for one prize that isn’t even worth fifty cents. 

Damn American crane machines. Look at all those crappy prizes. Really, American kids DO NOT understand what junk they're getting, or better yet, if they get anything for the five to whatever money spent to get the prizes.

Though we just got a UFO Catcher in our mall, and I was excited when I saw it. It had Domo in it. Brown and pink ones.




Oooh, why so Domo? :D Yeah. Awesome.


Btw, I love pictures. They will be present a lot during these blogs, so best prepare for them.


I’ll not only follow Furyu’s products, but Crane Machine prizes in general. Anyway, I really want to save Nemu-nekos for last, so I’ll start with something else just as catlike. Marunekos.





Cuteness Factor: 6 out of 10
These distant pets of the cousin’s of weeble-woobles, Marunekos are round, adorable little cats that are always smiling. Then again, many cats are rather cheerful creatures. There are plush and plastic varieties of these cats, found -of course- in claw machines and -for those who aren’t so good at catching these kitties, like many people seem to have a problem with- are available online, at sites such as kawaiishopjapan.com.

**Side note: The shop owner’s name is Miki and I have bought from her and the shop four times, and every time I have shopped there, the items are always in great shape, the products are cheap, her packaging is spectacular, and Miki is one of the kindest women I have ever dealt with. I will recommend over and over to anyone and everyone to go to her shop. And I recommend that everyone who reads this should at least visit her shop.



Here are some videos of claw machines in action: 
Doraemon Crane Machine Win


Unexpected Win


I also love videos. Expect those too.


And so, good night, my kittlies. May your New Year glitter like the northern lights. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment